Bristol, England - 2018
The Elder Mediation International Network
9th World Summit & Symposium on
Wills Hall Conference Centre
University of Bristol
May 14-16, 2018
The Elder Mediation International Network and Elder Mediation Austria are pleased to announce that arrangements for the 9th World Summit & Symposium on Mediation with Age Related Issues to be held in Bristol, England are now in place. The planning group has been busy confirming speakers, accommodations and activities for visitors to this magnificent city.
Since 2008 EMIN has organized eight international summits. The organization offers an International Certification Program and adheres to an international Code of Professional Conduct/Ethics. Elder Mediation World Summits have been held in Canada, Ireland, United States, Scotland, Switzerland, Austria, and Australia connecting people from fifteen countries – mediators, lawyers, gerontologists, social workers, physicians, health care professionals, volunteers, family members, caregivers, academics, students, service clubs and professionals considering entering this new field of practice – coming together to share their knowledge, vision and questions.
The call for speakers and panelists is now available – click HERE for more details and an application form.
The deadline for proposals is March 1, 2018.
For the 2018 Summit, the Curriculum Committee is particularly interested in the following proposal topics:
- What is new in Elder Mediation
- Best practices and innovative approaches in Elder Mediation
- First hand experiences from those who have participated in the Elder Mediation process
- Ageism and its implications for Elder Mediation
- Financial and estate issues
- Promoting quality of life and ensuring dignity and respect for all as people get older
- Family restructuring and intergenerational dynamics
- Dementias and other significant health issues – chronic diseases etc. that may arise as people get older and the implications for Elder Mediators
- The role of Elder Mediation in reducing abuse and neglect
- Innovative Elder Mediation programs and special projects
- Elder Mediation advocacy
- Elder Mediation support teams
- Family and Elder Law
- Grief & loss, empathy, ethical issues in Elder Mediation
- Training standards for elder mediators
- Issues of aging around the world
REGISTRATION INFORMATION & RATES
EMIN Members: 400€ (370€ if paid by March 14, 2018) Purchase HERE
Non Members: 439€ (409€ if paid by March 14, 2018) Purchase HERE
Students: 250€ Purchase HERE
Download Bristol Summit Registration Form here: 2018 Bristol Summit Invoice-RegForm
We have done our best to secure competitive rates at hotels close to Wills Hall, University of Bristol. Delegates wishing to book accommodation in Bristol should book with the hotel direct quoting the following Reservation Block Code: “Elder Mediation International Summit 2018”
There are four hotels; discounted rates per room per night including breakfast and VAT are:
- The Berkeley Square Hotel: 0117 925 4000; email@example.com £91-119.00
- The Clifton Hotel: 0117 973 6882; firstname.lastname@example.org £79-89.00
- The Washington: 0117 973 3980; email@example.com £76.00
- The Rodney Hotel: 0117 973 5422; firstname.lastname@example.org £76-92.00
Double occupancy has a small supplement of between £9.00 and £12.50.
Reduced rates also apply for ‘shoulder nights’ on the 12/13th and 16/17th May
Group reservations are open until 14th April 2018. You can get more details of each hotel on www.cliftonhotels.com
All the hotels are a short taxi or bus ride to the Summit venue at the Wills Conference Centre in Parry’s Lane, Bristol. There is non-reservable parking at all four hotels.
Bristol is a vibrant and creative city with lots to do. Tourist information is available through the following link:
For Further Information contact:
Judy M. Beranger, EMIN Summits Chair email@example.com
Charlotte May Bristol Summit Co-Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
David Richbell Bristol Summit Co-Chair email@example.com