Dear EMIN Certified Mediator,
In keeping with international best practice the Board of EMIN has decided that EMIN certified elder mediators will be required to renew their certification annually. The good news is that the 40 euro membership fee will include this service; there will be no extra cost involved.
As elder mediation is an emerging field, we have deliberately kept requirements modest to begin with. The declaration below will be mandatory for certified mediators who renew membership on or after January 1st, 2018. It outlines exactly what is required going forward.
EMIN is committed to promoting quality in the field of elder mediation through certification; the new requirements for certification maintenance provide further evidence to families and referral agencies that we offer a professional service.
DECLARATION (all statements must be completed)
- I hereby acknowledge that I am a member in good standing of the Elder Mediation International Network.
- I hereby acknowledge having recently read, and agree to adhere to, the Code of Ethics for Elder Mediators as published on the EMIN website:
- I acknowledge that I have maintained mediator liability insurance for the current year.
- I hereby acknowledge that I have done a minimum of 2 Elder Mediation cases (live and/or roleplay) in the year ______ or a minimum of 10 hours peer learning/coaching or supervision in Elder Mediation during the past year.
- I hereby acknowledge that I have completed a minimum of 8 hours of continuing elder mediation education during the past year, as specified below. (Mentoring, teaching and leading professional workshops may be included here.)
|Dates||TOPIC/ Institution/ Trainer(s)||Duration|