To inspire excellence in the practice of Elder Mediation throughout the world.
The mission of the Elder Mediation International Network is:
- To advance the practice of elder mediation throughout the world as a credible, distinct specialty that promotes dignity, respect and optimal health for all people accessing this service.
- To improve the qualifications and effectiveness of mediators through the development of high standards of ethics, conduct, education, and achievement.
Our Goals are thus:
- To advocate for the profession and specialty of Elder Mediation.
- To raise awareness of Elder Mediation as an important option in comprehensive care.
- To alert professionals working with older adults of the ethical responsibility to promote mediation as a viable option and to promote the prevention of elder abuse.
- To promote adherence to a code of ethics for elder mediators
- To facilitate the sharing of elder mediation knowledge that exists within the network, through email, webinars, workshops, symposiums, conferences, meetings, professional contacts, papers, discussions, publications and other media.
- To promote elder mediation research that evaluates how families using the service over the past two decades experienced mediation and how mediation can influence quality of care, how they found it helpful and how it can be improved.
- To promote EMIN certification for elder mediators interested in maintaining high standards of education, conduct, ethics and adhering to a consistent, credible, international standard.